Have you ever tried making piccata at home? Though the word technically defines a lemon, parsley, and butter-based cream sauce, “piccata” often refers to a chicken or veal dish that is covered with this delicious sauce. If you’re tired of complicated recipes that result in hours of cooking, Creamy Chicken Piccata is just the thing. Because this recipe cooks up a lot of creamy sauce, you’ll find it easier than ever to make a meal out of simple chicken, vegetables, and potatoes. Simply serve all side items with the piccata sauce on top! Here is how to create Creamy Chicken Piccata at home.
Creamy Chicken Piccata
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 5 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup capers, drained
- Season chicken with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Dredge chicken in 4 tablespoons flour until evenly coated.
- Heat canola oil and butter in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Working in batches, add chicken to the skillet in a single layer and cook until golden brown and cooked through, reaching an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. This will take about 4-5 minutes per side. Once all chicken is cooked through, set aside. Reduce heat to medium low.
- Whisk in remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons flour until lightly browned, about 1 minute.
- Gradually whisk in chicken stock, wine and lemon juice. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until reduced and slightly thickened, about 3 minutes. Stir in heavy cream, parsley and capers; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Return chicken to the skillet.
- Serve immediately with vegetables, potatoes, or any side item of your choosing.
Cook up something delicious tonight with this special recipe provided to you by Greenhouse Apartments in Houston, Texas and put our expansive kitchens to good use!