This Coleslaw Recipe Will Take Your Summertime BBQ Spread to the Next Level!
Coronavirus or not, Americans are officially heading into summertime. Sure, we’re living by a new normal, but some things are going to remain the same, like summer traditions. While social distancing is vital, you can still enjoy those days spent outside, beautiful blooms, and of course, the man-made wonder of hot, fresh BBQ. Though you’ve got your grilling routine down pat, you might be looking for a cool, refreshing side (or hot dog/hamburger topping!) to go along with it. So, why not this recipe for some “Seriously Good Homemade Coleslaw?” And, yes it’s seriously called that! Check it out below:
• 1 medium cabbage (about 2 pounds), outer leaves removed
• 3 medium carrots, peeled and shredded
• 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh parsley leaves, coarsely chopped
• 1 cup mayonnaise
• 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
• 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard, or coarse ground mustard
• 1 teaspoon celery seeds
• 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt, or more to taste
• 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, or more to taste
1. Quarter the cabbage through the core, then remove the core. Cut each quarter crosswise in half and finely shred. Place the shredded cabbage in a very large bowl.
2. Add the shredded carrot and parsley to the cabbage, and toss to mix.
3. In a separate bowl, stir the mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, celery seeds, salt, and pepper together. Taste for acidity and seasoning, then adjust as desired.
4. Pour two-thirds of the dressing over the cabbage and carrot then mix well. Clean hands are the quickest tool for mixing it well. If the coleslaw seems dry, add a little more of the dressing.
5. Eat right away or let it sit in the refrigerator for about an hour to let the flavors mingle and the cabbage to soften—whatever your personal preference!
Preparing the perfect meal for your family can be a challenge—to say the least. With delightful recipe suggestions from Greenhouse Apartments in Houston, Texas, you all are sure to eat well every day of the week!