Everyone knows of avocado as a healthy fat that is incredibly nourishing for your body and incredibly delicious in your omelet. Avocados boast nearly 20 vitamins and minerals per serving, including potassium, lutein, and folate. They’re also a great source of B vitamins, helping you to fight off disease and infection— which is more important than ever, right?
But, did you know that avocados are also good for your skin? Yep, that’s right! The beneficial fats of avocados contain both vitamins E and C, two components very important for healthy skin. The compounds of this nutrient-rich fruit also protect your skin from any and all sun damage. That’s why you should consider making your very own avocado mask to moisturize your skin, reduce inflammation, and heal acne. Check out the ingredients and directions for our favorite one, which also makes for a great exfoliator:
• 1 tablespoon rolled oats, coarsely ground
• ½ ripe avocado
• 1 teaspoon lemon juice
• 1 tablespoon honey
• 1 teaspoon coconut oil
• 2 drops of your favorite essential oil
1. First, place ½ a ripe avocado into a small bowl and use a fork to mash as smooth as possible.
2. Then, place rolled oats in a food processor and pulse to coarsely grind. Transfer into a small box and mix with mashed avocado.
3. Add in the lemon juice, honey, coconut oil, and essential oils and mix until everything is combined.
4. Apply a few tablespoons to your clean face immediately and let sit for 15-20 minutes.
5. Rinse off with warm water and follow up the mask with your favorite facial oil.
Greenhouse Apartments in Houston, Texas is committed to making sure that our residents can live their best life! By taking advantage of our tips & tricks, we hope that you can easily maintain—and even improve— your normal routine.